POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Oldest version of gcc possible for build? : Re: Oldest version of gcc possible for build? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:45:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oldest version of gcc possible for build?
From: Ross
Date: 10 Feb 2005 14:57:46
Message: <420bbcba$1@news.povray.org>
"Jules" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.420a7a476d09cedcec12ceb00@news.povray.org...
> "Jules" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >   INI file error.
> >   Bad option syntax or error opening .INI/.DEF file 'lost+found'.
>
> Hmm, that's the way it reports that the idiot user (i.e. me) has screwed
up
> the command line params :-)
>
> I've now got it rendering - whoooohoooo!
>
> Brings back memories of playing around with DKBtrace in the early 90's on
an
> old 486 :-)
>
> Ahhh, 8 mins 25 seconds for a test render on the Tek compared to 2 seconds
> on my desktop PC...

Some people might start to think you enjoy pain... Could be a whole new
subclass of benchmarks. Slowest render times.

But think of the geek points of using the regular official benchmark
scene... It means you actually compiled Pov on some obscure hardware, and
you also managed to keep that hardware running continuously for a really
really long time.